The Zimbabwe National Water Authority (ZINWA) is inviting Applications from suitably qualified, mature, visionary, dynamic and substantially experienced professional persons for appointment to the above challenging and rewarding position which has arisen in the Organization. The incumbent will be based at Head Office, Harare, reporting to the ZINWA Board.
- Creating, communicating and implementing the Authority’s vision, mission, and business culture.
- Leading, guiding, directing and evaluating the work of other executive directors and managers.
- Planning and formulation of company policies for recommendation to the Board
- Responsible for implementation of Board decisions and resolutions
- Responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of Authority business.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the Authority’s short, medium and long term plans
- Recommends yearly budgets for Approval by the Board and prudently manages organization’s resources within the approved budget guidelines.
- Oversee the turnaround of the Authority’s finances and ensure proper management and accountability of the financial resources
- Manage effective and competent internal multidisciplinary teams to ensure that set objectives are met
- Provide leadership and guidance in the implementation of performance management system,
- Oversee initiatives to raise funding for various business projects requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance in building strong and lasting relationships with the Authority’s key stakeholders and clients.
- Ensure that the Authority is appropriately staffed with the right calibre of staff so as to achieve the set goals.
- Ensure that the Authority maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility whenever it does business
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a registered member of a recognised relevant professional body
- A relevant Civil Engineering degree and a post graduate degree from a recognised university
- A relevant Commercial degree and an earned MBA or MBL or higher Management postgraduate qualification from a recognised university,
- Must have at least ten (10) years relevant work experience at a senior managerial level
- Must have proven experience in successful mobilization of developmental and operational funding,
- Must have excellent understanding of corporate governance and compliance issues
- Must display high level of maturity and business integrity
- Must be able to work in a diverse stakeholder environment with conflicting interests
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communicator who has good presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical and high professional ethical standing
- Strategic thinker and a change agent who is a team player and a great motivator
- Exceptional visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with political and business leadership
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrate a good sense of business acumen working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent business leadership skills
- Action oriented personality
- Demonstrate familiarity with PSIP funded projects and water sector management
- Effective conflict and dispute prevention and resolution among water service users within the Authority’s area of jurisdiction
- Innovative and energetic an all-rounder person who is able to perform a wide variety of roles as required
- Demonstrate ability to network and net weave with important captains of industry and other key associates
- Excellent Talent Management Strategy Skills
- Knowledge of Systems Approach to Business Management
- A leader of good reputation with traceable references
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
The successful candidate will be offered a performance based five (5) year Contract renewable upon meeting agreed performance targets.
The remuneration package will be commensurate with one’s professional background and experience but in accordance with the recommended remuneration and benefits of the Chief Executives of State Institutions.
All interested candidates should forward their Applications with current CVs, copies of their academic and professional qualifications and certificates, current position, remuneration, and telephone contacts of three professional referees in an envelope clearly marked “CEO POSITION” to the address shown below:-
The Board Chairman
C/O Corporate Secretary and Legal Adviser
Zimbabwe National Water Authority
8th Floor, Old Mutual Centre
Cnr Jason Moyo Avenue & 3rd Street
P.O. Box CY617
To be received not later than Friday 30 January 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
ZINWA is an equal opportunity Employer. Female Applicants are encouraged to apply.